You’ll be an integral part of the product development team, reporting directly to the Head of Product Development. You’ll be working closely alongside the lead electronic hardware engineer in the development of new innovative products being designed to advance technologies in the rail industry.
We’re looking for someone with a true passion for electronic hardware engineering who is eager to help our company continue to innovate and develop new products for the rail industry worldwide.
To be able to fulfill the requirements of this role, you will need a broad understanding of electronics engineering, with some specialised knowledge as well as the drive and capacity to innovate.
Typically, you will be involved with:
- Reviewing customer specifications (where provided) and refining these to prepare a detailed specification
- Complete design of electronic schematic capture, component selection, and PCB layout
- Ensuring PCB and hardware design compliance with appropriate railway standards for electronic systems
- Supporting external PCB manufacturers, vendors, and assemblers
- Support internal production team to locally manufacture our products
- Perform tests as per the verification and validation plans
- Hands-on assembly and testing of concept designs and prototype assemblies
- Create and maintain documentation for internal and customer requirements
Typical Projects and Systems
Working in a systems engineering environment, as a part of the new product development team you will be involved with design and development of new products that will be used on-board rolling stock (rail vehicles). Such as:
- Electronic Control units for various onboard applications including design for functional safety.
- Design of audio equipment used in the drivers cab and saloon.
- LED and lighting equipment mounted internally and externally.
- Design of power supply to interface with the harsh electrical environment that is found on rolling stock
- Designing in accordance with applicable rolling stock standards such as EN 50155 and EN 61373.
- Creating concepts and prototypes for emerging products in the rail industry.
You’ll get the rewarding feeling of seeing your product go from concept, to production, then being used in passenger service on rail vehicles around Australia.
About our Hiring Policy
TTM Rail is proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation, and believe that everyone should have an equal opportunity for employment. We believe the greatest things are achieved when people from all walks of life come together to contribute to a common outcome, and welcome anyone that feels they’d be suitable for the job to apply.
Please note that short listed applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager directly.