You’ll be an integral part of the product development team, reporting directly to the Head of Product Development. You’ll be working closely alongside the lead firmware engineer in the development of new innovative products being designed to advance technologies in the rail industry.
We’re looking for someone with a true passion for test engineering who has the demonstrated practical experience, and is committed to keeping up to date with latest available technologies for implementation into our verification/validation processes.
To be able to fulfil the requirements of this role, you will need a broad understanding of firmware and electronics engineering, with some specialised knowledge as well as the capacity to innovate.
Typically, you will be involved with:
- Preparation of verification and validation plans for the products designed
- Creation/documentation of test cases
- Hands-on assembly of prototype test jigs/assemblies
- Providing traceability between development requirements and test cases
- Application Lifecycle Management tools
- Ensuring compliance with appropriate railway standards for electronics & software
- Supporting external lab certification of our products, where required, by documenting test plans
- Preparation of documentation for internal and customer requirements
Typical Projects and Systems
Working in a systems engineering environment, as a part of the new product development team, you will be involved with verification test and integration activities of new products that will be used on-board rolling stock such as:
- Electronic Control units for various onboard applications including design for functional safety.
- Design of audio equipment used in the drivers cab and saloon.
- LED and lighting equipment mounted internally and externally.
- Design of power supply to interface with the harsh electrical environment that is found on rolling stock
- Designing in accordance with applicable rolling stock standards such as EN 50155 and EN 61373.
- Creating concepts and prototypes for emerging products in the rail industry.
You’ll get the rewarding feeling of seeing your product go from concept to production, then being used in passenger service on rail vehicles around Australia.
Key Role Requirements
The following traits, experience and qualifications would form our ideal candidate, however we are open to flexibility in some areas.
While a passion for testing new products is a must, we are looking for someone who has the capacity to contribute to the success of our business through a combination of vision and practicality.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 5 years of professional product testing experience
- Have a suitable Australian recognised engineering qualification in either electronics or software
- Experience in testing safety-critical systems will be highly regarded
- Have a fundamental understanding of EMC and environmental testing
- Have experience with Labview or TestStand
- Be able to work without supervision
- Work well in a team – our designs often involve multiple aspects (mechanical, electrical, etc).
- Demonstrate advanced documentation skills
- Experience with HALT/HASS testing will be highly regarded
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Have an understanding of the SDLC
- Experience working in a Systems Engineering (SE) environment
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management tools such as Polarion will be highly regarded
- Enjoy mentoring other more junior test engineers
About our Hiring Policy
TTM Rail is proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation, and believe that everyone should have an equal opportunity for employment. We believe the greatest things are achieved when people from all walks of life come together to contribute to a common outcome, and welcome anyone that feels they’d be suitable for the job to apply.
Please note that short listed applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager directly.